Monday, March 15, 2010

Valentine's Surprises!

Holidays have been so fun because Kashton is at the age where he understands them. As I was teaching him about this holiday that was coming up, we decided to make Valentines for all of his cousins.


We had SO much fun. We ended up making 23 Valentines and mailed them all out to his cousins and grandparents. The next day, he wanted to make more. :) I just had him make one for daddy.

Then we decided to make special Valentines cookies for his friends here in Branson. This was just too exciting for him!!! He honestly did such a good job. He made MOST of the cookies all by himself. Now, you need to understand that I HATE messes. I don't like him to do things like this because I can't stand cleaning up the HUGE mess. Also, I tend to be controlling and a perfectionist. Things need to be done CORRECTLY or else I go crazy. So...I was proud of myself because I was able to just let it all go. I allowed him to make a huge mess and I let him do it HIS way. Yes, it still drove me crazy...but I bit my tongue. :) Babysteps!!!





DELICIOUS!!!! We probably ate a bit more that we should've. :)
And this is the blanket I made Cameron for Valentines. I didn't know what to do for him and I realized that I spend SO much time making blankets and putting alot of time and love into these things for others....but never for him. He LOVED it (or so he said :> ).
So soft and comfy!!! The best part is we BOTH can cuddle under it.

And this is the ring Cameron gave me. The emerald is my birth stone and then there are two diamonds on either side of the emerald to represent Cameron and Kashton. Cameron designed it himself. GOOD JOB!!! I love it!!We had a WONDERFUL Valentines date. Went to Papoulie's Greek restaurant and then saw Valentine's Day, the movie. LOVED IT!!!! If you haven't seen this movie, PLEASE go see it. What a great, feel good movie!!!!

Hope all of you had a wonderful Valentines Day too!!!

No comments: