Tuesday, November 1, 2011

CRASH!!!!!

Kashton has his first big BIKE CRASH!!!! He was going down a hill in our neighborhood and hit a patch of dirt and rocks. Cameron was riding with him and I was sitting on the front porch when it happened. I could hear the screaming from the house and the dread hit me so hard. Our neighborhood is nothing but STEEP hills and we haven't bought him a helmet yet. Normally, I only allow him to just ride his bike in front of our house. Much to my dismay, Cameron will take him on the hills.

So...when I heard the screaming, I was none-too-happy.

I ran around the corner and down the hill (as quickly as my pregnant body would allow me to). I was SO grateful to not find a cracked open head and a body in need of stitches.

I just want to kiss this sweet little face with tears in his eyes. He was SO brave, until we got the hydrogen peroxide out. :)

He got some road rash on his head and nose and you can see a good one on his elbow there too.

Both elbows got torn up pretty good and it was quite an effort to scrub the blood out of his white t-shirt.
I'm SO thankful this was all we ended up with!!!

New Rule: NO MORE HILLS UNTIL WE CAN BUY A HELMET!!!!

No comments: